Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dongwon Honey Water




Why it delights me:  Honey is definitely a staple in my cupboard. I go through several bottles of pure honey in a year. A natural sweetener, this golden syrupy delight is pure joy on almost anything - from tea, to breads, and other desserts. My general partiality towards honey is what ignited my curiosity towards this Korean-made curiosity:

Honey water.

...wow...what does that taste like?

Well, just as it's labelled,  it tastes exactly like honey with water...no, duh.

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I don't even know why I was expecting anything else. The sheer novelty and curiosity of it is probably what got me.  It was sweeter than I thought it would be...as sweet as, well, honey...but cooling and somewhat refreshing.

Curious to find more information about the product, since it was primarily in Korean, I researched on its maker: Dongwon. Why would they make such a product...a product so simple that I could make in my own kitchen...a product that only a highly impressionable fool like me would purchase?

Well, I never found the answer to my pressing question. Interestingly, though, despite my impression of the product, the makers themselves have a vision and philosophy that I can respect and give them credit for - assuming that they live by it. They are committed to the production of high quality food that "contribute to national health." They also aspire to make their meals healthy and tasty. They also have an interesting array of other food and beverage products that I wouldn't mind trying in the future. (Feel free to read about the company here). The honey water product itself seemed to be produced with care and quality that you can taste. Or perhaps I may have imagined it.

Would I buy it again? Probably not...but for the curious of mind and those interested in the novelty of it, why not just give it a go.

For cheapskates like me...why not just make it yourself? Here's a recipe.


I just added this picture to fill space and coz I like the shadowy effects. Bear with me...
How I use it: Just drink it from the bottle. You could be creative and add it to your tea if you like...only if you like...

Health claims: Honey itself is known for its many benefits from having antibacterial and immunity boosting properties. Honey is known to have curative properties and helps in the prevention of certain illnesses. I have also heard of the age-old remedy of mixing honey with a few teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, which is practically what I take every time I get sick.   (To read more about honey's benefits, click here) . The product itself makes no particular health claims...at least I don't think it does.

Price in Php: (as of 2012) to be updated

Where I have so far found it: Konbini Greenhills

Shelf-life: Sadly, I don't read Korean either. I have no idea what the bottle says or if it even says anything about a shelf-life.

Product Website: Dongwon main website: http://www.dwep.co.kr/eng/sector/sector04.asp
                           Dongwon F&B website: http://www.dongwonfnb.co.kr/english/index.htm
                           The e-Catalog of products from their F&B website takes a while to load on my       
                           computer.
                           Don't worry, the websites are in English.

Other product notes/usages: Contains Vitamin C according to the e-Catalog. Nutrition facts and Ingredients are pictured below.
So many ingredients to a seemingly simple product...
Where else can you find it? For anyone who knows, feel free to comment or give recommendations to other people who may be looking for it in your area or country.

source
Bee puppeeh wants honeeeeeyh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...