Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Filippo Berio: Tomato Ricotta

I added it to my asparagus mushroom and chicken pasta on the lower right corner...yumeeh!
Why it delights me:  I generally prefer pasta sauce made from scratch, but once in a while when I'm too lazy or need a quick fix, prepackaged sauces always come useful. So when I came across this small bottle of cheesy and tomato-ey goodness, I thought what the heck...I can't deny cheese or anything with cheese...


Filippo Berio has been around a while, I've used their olive oils and I can't complain... But, gratefully enough, my weak will has once again led me to something delicious. This Italian-made delight combines a scrumptious mix of rich tomatoes with the delicate flavor of creamy ricotta. One thing I have to note is my belated realization of Filippo Berio's marketing deviousness. The small bottle is not enough to satisfy me in the long run so I often find myself buying bottle after bottle every time I head to the supermarket. I've gotten addicted, and it's not good. 

How I use it: Definitely great mixed with pasta. I've also tried putting it in my omelettes and bruschetta. Their website also gives serving suggestions that you might find useful. See below.


I added it to my chicken and mushroom wrap


Health claims: This product makes no health claims. Indulge at your own risk. 

Price:  (as of 2012) Php 129.50 (SM) 
                                USD $3.02 

Where I have so far found it: Unimart, Greenhills; Shopwise, Libis & Cubao; SM Hypermarket

Shelf-life: Follow expiration date. Bottle indicates to shake well before use. Keep refrigerated once opened and use within two weeks.

Other product notes/usages: 





Where else can you find it? For those based in the U.K. you can refer to their website:  http://www.filippoberio.co.uk . Other countries indicated in their website include: Italy, Canada, South Africa, and the U.S. For anywhere else, feel free to comment or give recommendations to other people who may be looking for it in your area or country.


source
Opera bunny sings its praises

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...