Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rocky Mountain Cafe: Cordillera Coffee



Why it delights me:  I'm just one in a statistic of other coffee addicts out there. Among the different species of coffee available, my favorite has to be the Arabica, aka Coffea arabica. There's just something about the way it tastes that, for me, sets it apart from other varieties. When I came upon this product in one of my routinary supermarket wanderings,
I was drawn to its pretty blue packaging, which I am often easily swayed by, as well as its distinct mention of being "100% High Altitude Arabica," ---it just made it sound exotic and added to its appeal. They say coffee grown in high altitudes is often better, and since coffee is classified by its relative density, at higher altitudes, it is said to be denser, making it finer. (Click here to read more about what makes good coffee).

While I am a sucker for shiny things and pretty packaging, I also try to support locally made products. This particular delight hails from the highlands of the Cordillera Mountains, in the province of Benguet, Philippines. What I particularly appreciate about this is the producers dedication to creating quality coffee, their concern for the environment, their commitment to giving back to the community, and to preserving indigenous culture...now I can admire that kind of corporate social responsibility. (You can read more about it here.)   
from coffee granules...


...to liquid goodness.


It's definitely a heady sensation when I smell this wafting out of my kitchen cupboard. When it percolates forth from my aluminum coffee maker, I usually await in eager anticipation to fill my cup and imbibe the freshly made liquid delight. The smell of newly brewed coffee drifting through a room is enough to lift my spirits and bring me to my happy place. This definitely does not disappoint in taste and flavor. While I am no coffee connoisseur and while my opinion could definitely be influenced due to their bright shiny packaging, it's something worth trying for those of discriminating tastes. If not for the love of coffee alone, then to support it in its cause to give back to the community and the environment.  


How I use it: I drink it in the morning with breakfast, as most people probably do... or when I get cranky, which can be anytime of day...Coffee and cake is always a treat, and is something I will probably pair with this soon.


My badly photographed morning coffee paired with my cheese omelette
and maple and pecan danish...yumm
Health claims: The product makes no particular health claims. Research findings, in general, on the health benefits of coffee are varied. If you would like to read more about it click here.  

Price in Php: (as of 2012) to be updated

Where I have so far found it: I found it in Unimart (Greenhills) but their website mentions that you can find it in Robinson's Supermarket, Shopwise, Rustan's, Waltermart, SM Supermarkets and SMakati Supermart

Shelf-life: Follow expiration date. Being coffee, it's probably best to store it in a well-sealed container.


Other product notes/usages: Pictured below 


...many typos...in terms* of...that results* from...


Where else can you find it? For anyone who knows, feel free to comment or give recommendations to other people who may be looking for it in your area or country. 


source
Kitteeh can't get up till he's had his morning coffeehh...

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...