Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sanitarium So Nice Soy Milk




Why it delights me: I've been looking for the perfect milk substitute for the longest time. I've tried all kinds of soy, almond, hazelnut, hemp etc. milk products I could find. While most were good, none of them have come close to the milky texture that I've been looking for, until I
found this Australian-made beverage. I probably sound like a clichéd commercial, but that's just me being enthusiastic. While the name “sanitarium” doesn't exactly bring soymilk to mind, this definitely delivers when it comes to that milky texture and consistency. It has that creaminess I've been looking for and I feel that it comes close enough to milk, since it almost tastes like milk and does not leave an overwhelming soy aftertaste in my mouth.


 They did not lie. It really does have a milky taste!
                       


How I use it: By itself or with cookies! I also mix it in my drinks and cereals.



Health claims: The product makes no particular health claims, other than being high in Calcium and Protein and with protective antioxidants.

Price: (as of January 2012) Php 158 
                                             USD $ 3.69

Where I have so far found it: Shopwise (Libis)

Shelf-life: The carton mentions consume within 3 to 5 days after opening.


Other product notes/usages: The label mentions that it can be used in cooking to replace whole dairy milk for infants over 7 mos of age. It is dairy and gluten-free with no artificial colors or preservatives and is made from non-GM soy.

Where else can you find it? For anyone who knows, feel free to comment or give recommendations to other people who may be looking for it in your area or country. 


Sanitarium good!
                                 
















  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I agree with you re your comments with this great soy milk. But I can not find it in the shops and super markets now. When I have asked the people have told me apparently Sanitarium are not making it any more. Is this correct?????.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...